Our church was founded as a German Reformed congregation on October 15, 1833 as Christ Reformed Church. In the beginning, this Reformed congregation and our neighboring Lutheran congregation shared a common building, as a “union church.” The worship services were held in the same building, located directly across the street “on the eastern side of the great road called, ‘Sumneytown Road’, Towamencin Township in the county of Montgomery.”
It was under the ministry of its ninth pastor, Rev. D. K. Laudenslager (1903-1910), that the Reformed and Lutheran congregations began plans to dissolve the union arrangement. Marked by several changes, including the discontinuation of German singing in the worship services and the formation of Sunday School, it was during his pastorate that the agreement to separate from the Union Church was signed. In 1911, each congregation decided to build its own sanctuary. Completed in the summer of 1912, the new church building (our present fellowship hall) was dedicated June 30th of that year. The new sanctuary and educational facilities were built in 1965.